art by sandra fadayel
SERIES II | WEAVINGS SET OF 3
These artworks are studies of Bedouin Jordanian weavings, inspired by a gem of a book called Hands and Hearts by Khalil Naouri. They also became a reference point for Heritage Series II, a collection inspired by Arabian Bedouin jewellery of the early 1900’s. The integration of the Bedouin Jordanian weavings is a metaphorical concept, alluding to the interweaving of the Arabian cultures.
Heritage II is a peaceful homage to the beauty and richness of the culture and its people, which is too often associated only with struggle and conflict.
This is a set of 3 limited edition prints. Each print is 30x40cm.
Edition Size: 50
>>> 30% of sales of all artworks within this collection to The Shirin Fund, a program run by the Welfare Association, UK, that assists Palestinian children with special needs who require medical or surgical procedures but whose families are not able to afford the costs of hospitalisation. You can learn more about this fund or donate directly here.
DOES THIS PIECE FIT BEAUTIFULLY IN YOUR SPACE?
Check out my tips here for how to choose the right size artwork for your space. Still unsure? Drop me a line with a photo of your space, and a link to the artwork you like for a (free) before and after image showing the piece in your home.
- Fine art prints are a budget-friendly alternative to originals, where the artwork is printed onto a high quality, fine art paper.
- Fine art paper is thick paper with a slight woven texture. It is archival quality and the artwork is printed with the highest quality inks, that do not fade over time.
- Originals are created on canvas using professional grade paints.
- Original artworks are all finished with a matt, UV archival varnish that provides non-yellowing protection against discolouration. All original artworks are signed and dated.
- Every piece of art I create is based on a story, which is included in its description. I keep my collectors posted on work in progress and new pieces through my mailings (sign up here). The story's been cooking for years; the artwork is a snapshot of the story at a certain time. Hands down, the story is what gives value to the art.
- Along with the story, the quality of the artwork is really important for value. I use professional grade art supplies for my originals and only work with reputable, high-quality fine art printers when producing my art prints.
- All of the art prints are printed on archival quality paper (which means it doesn't yellow over time), and archival grade inks.