art by sandra fadayel
SERIES IV | MERLOT
$ 55.00 – $ 105.00
When I lived in Brooklyn, a small, hole-in-the-wall wine bar opened just down the street from me. It was a gem. With its unassuming white-washed exposed brick walls and bare decor, it was here I experienced the most creative and delicious pairings of wine, cheese, and chocolate. This artwork nods to the colour palette of the wines, lavender cheese, and raspberry chocolate.
This body of work is a contemporary exploration of belonging – or lack thereof. Geometries from Jordanian Bedouin weavings and Palestinian embroidery have been deconstructed and interwoven with personal stories and contemporary colour palettes, for a fresh – and personal – take on heritage.
This is a print of an original drawing I created using mixed media (colour pencils, marker, pen) on archival paper.
DOES THIS PIECE FIT BEAUTIFULLY IN YOUR SPACE?
Check out my tips here for how to choose the right size artwork for your space. Still unsure? Drop me a line with a photo of your space, and a link to the artwork you like for a (free) before and after image showing the piece in your home.
- Fine art prints are a budget-friendly alternative to originals, where the artwork is printed onto a high quality, fine art paper.
- Fine art paper is thick paper with a slight woven texture. It is archival quality and the artwork is printed with the highest quality inks, that do not fade over time.
- Originals are created on canvas using professional grade paints.
- Original artworks are all finished with a matt, UV archival varnish that provides non-yellowing protection against discolouration. All original artworks are signed and dated.
- Every piece of art I create is based on a story, which is included in its description. I keep my collectors posted on work in progress and new pieces through my mailings (sign up here). The story's been cooking for years; the artwork is a snapshot of the story at a certain time. Hands down, the story is what gives value to the art.
- Along with the story, the quality of the artwork is really important for value. I use professional grade art supplies for my originals and only work with reputable, high-quality fine art printers when producing my art prints.
- All of the art prints are printed on archival quality paper (which means it doesn't yellow over time), and archival grade inks.